[Jandek] New Spoken Word Album Hoax

SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca
Fri Nov 4 12:12:30 PST 2005

Just listened to this, and it sounds uncannily like it could be excerpted
from an old Whitehouse demo or live recording...

********
> what the...
> is it a joke??

Yeah, Fab.  It's a joke. We've been "Punk'd."  Guess it's on me (teach me
to be so trigger happy with the emails. C'est la vie).  Still...bathroom
noises?  Come on. I'd think he'd be easy enough to "send up" without having
to make a "found sound" tape of a junior high bathroom.

Best thing about the joke's the title ("Dying to Meet You").  Somebody
ought to suggest it to Corwood.  But given that this is an artist who put
out "I Went to Hell" the idea's half believable till you hear it. I get the
feeling allofthattrash at gmail.com probably isn't a regular member...

Danen

http://www.jamhandy.com/ma/Jandek-I_Went_Down.mp3