[Jandek] Live 'bootlegs' and wanky hoaxes

Ratan X ratanx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 14:47:47 PST 2005

Frank Hardy wrote:

> Don't worry, no one/ really/ is. If you are, you need to take a
> vacation or get some pills or something. I dare anyone to respond to
> this post and give me one solid reason why they truly enjoy the spoken
> word albums. And even then, I'll still be skeptical.

Agreed. I only have one spoken word album so far (This Narrow Road) and
I've yet to listen to the entire disc in one setting. Even "The Humility
of Pain" is easier to listen to for me.

That said, I do love some of the songs on it. Admittedly the really
short ones, but if Jandek gets the yearning to make another one, I hope
he mixes spoken word tracks with musical ones. That's a compromise I
could live with. In fact, I'd love it, so as long as the musical ones
outnumber the spoken word bits.

Ratan