[Jandek] New Spoken Word Album Hoax

Frank Hardy soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 09:48:39 PST 2005

I was fooled too! Awesome joke!

"Danen D. Jobe" <djobe at uark.edu> wrote:

> what the...
> is it a joke??

Yeah, Fab. It's a joke. We've been "Punk'd." Guess it's on me (teach me to be so trigger happy with the emails. C'est la vie). Still...bathroom noises? Come on. I'd think he'd be easy enough to "send up" without having to make a "found sound" tape of a junior high bathroom.

Best thing about the joke's the title ("Dying to Meet You"). Somebody ought to suggest it to Corwood. But given that this is an artist who put out "I Went to Hell" the idea's half believable till you hear it. I get the feeling allofthattrash at gmail.com probably isn't a regular member...

Danen