[Jandek] Sure Is Lanky, That Hobnail Janky

Ratan X ratanx at gmail.com
Fri May 27 07:18:12 PDT 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 11:23 AM, Collins, Brendan G wrote:

> More likely is the chance that Jandek's been living off the royalties
> of those $4 and $8 CDs he's been creating.  He's practically giving
> them away.  Doesn't leave much money for Denny's.

I don't think he looks that sickly. Unfortunately, I didn't get the
chance to go, so maybe something is lost in presentation? He doesn't
look like an extraordinarily tall man, so maybe he's naturally of
small build?

The new lyrics might lend a certain amount of credence to the idea he
was truly sick. But as Dr. Demento pointed out on the Corwood doc,
just because an artist writes certain lyrics does not mean it really
happened to them. Though, that should be obvious.

Cheers,
Ratan