[Jandek] New to the group. Hello.

Brian Krakow krakow81 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 04:05:27 PDT 2005

Hello,

I've just signed up to the mailing list and thought I'd do a wee hello
to introduce myself.

My name is krakow and I'm currently a student in Glasgow.

Following the performance at the CCA on Monday night I'm a new convert
to the cult of Jandek. I'd heard of Jandek before the gig, and have a
few albums on my computer, which I had listened to vaguely, but never
with any particular attention. I was aware of the mystery and mystique
of Jandek, but didn't know any details of the story. However I knew
enough that, especially since I missed Instal last year, the CCA event
was something I had to go to (Keiji Haino was an equal draw to me as
Jandek was, and I'm a big fan of Taurpis Tula).
At the time, and even now, I'm not entirely sure I 'enjoyed' the event
on Monday night, but that seems beside the point. I feel greatly
affected somehow by seeing Jandek. I can't get the guy out of my head.
I've since been reading up on Jandek and everything I've read has
sucked me deeper in, making me think that this is something I have to
be a part of. I'm not quite sure what it is, but the sense I get of
Jandek really resonates with me (emotionally I mean).
I've since been listening to the Jandek albums I have (only downloads
atm, sadly, though this will likely be rectified soon enough) and,
yeah, I like them. They make sense to me. The sadness, the sense of
isolation and loneliness. Something about it all echoes inside me.

Anyway, glad to be here, apologies for my pretentious ramblings. I've
also never been part of a mailing list before, so please let me know
if I'm out of line.

yrs

krakow