[Jandek] Jandek in Glasgow...

Carlin, Steven J Steven.Carlin at mottmac.com
Wed May 25 01:40:25 PDT 2005

Well, I liked it... For about 3 songs.

Then the levels of pretension and falseness just annoyed me too much and
I had to leave... Seriously, what is up with people NOT clapping and not
having fun?  Because you are scared that he will cry?  Because jandek is
too important to show a bit of respect and appreciation? Come off it.
It is no wonder he is a recluse given the nature of his average "fan" at
the show on Monday... I imagine that Gateshead would have been even
worse.

Anyways, What I stayed for I enjoyed... The piano was interesting and
hopefully the video that was taken at the show will surface with a solid
soundboard recording.  But I do find it ridiculous that we are not
allowed to take pictures when there is a video tape rolling... But
whatever, I had forgotten my camera.

Steve