[Jandek] Gateshead Sunday

Mike Graham thedeadlygame at hotmail.com
Sat May 21 07:53:23 PDT 2005

Well folks, just a day away from seeing Jandek live... It's now starting to
sink in that soon i will be in the same room as Jandek (and know it!). I'm
beginning to wonder just what exactly we're all going to hear tomorrow... I
mean at the last show the musicianship was astounding and I think it blew a
lot of Jandek fans away. A misconception about Jandek was that technically,
he was very primitive on guitar. We know now that this is definately not the
case. I know it's unlikely but the thought of Jandek playing a song from a
previous album keeps crawling into my mind! Imagine, a live rendition of
Painted My Teeth or Only Lover. I don't know if it's just me but I notice a
bit of a similarity between the the style of Electric End and the music from
Glasgow Sunday.

In any case, I'm sure Jandek will be his usual self and crush all
speculation by doing something that nobody expects! I'm really looking
forward to it! See you all there!

Mike