[Jandek] Taking the Plunge

Phil Harwell phil at philharwell.com
Wed Mar 9 10:00:33 PST 2005

"Taking the Plunge,"
or,
"The Check's in the Mail"

Chapter 1, in which the hero sends a lot of money to a man he doesn't even
know.

Just got back from the mailbox, having placed in it an envelope with 3
things contained therein:  a slip of paper, a business card, and, most
importantly, a money order for $160.  That's right, friends, I'm taking
the Jandek Challenge, and I'm diving in head first.

There is a thrill in making a "comprehensive" order (haven't you ever
wanted to walk into a burger joint or something and just say, "Oh, I'll
just have one of each!"), and perhaps some slight bit of trepidation.
After all, I've just mailed several dozen Geo Washingtons to a strange yet
compelling P.O. Box number in Texas.  But here goes.  One copy of the
entire Corwood discography, to go, please.

Stay tuned for updates...........

-Phil

Corrolary:  Has anybody seen/heard "When I Took That Train" yet?  I had
heard it'd be out by now.  Maybe there's some delay?  I included that one
in my order, "upon its release."  Makes it rather convenient to order two
boxes o'20 and not get any duplicates.