[Jandek] Re: albums to try

colin howcroft colbaby at airnet.com.au
Mon Mar 7 22:46:46 PST 2005

thanks colin from oz
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ross Em
  To: colin howcroft ; Jandek List
  Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 10:46 PM
  Subject: Re: albums to try

    If yr new to Jandek, personally I would recommend...

    "Blue Corpse"... a very good introduction to Jandek, an excellent LP. THEN...

    "Follow Your Footsteps" - Jandek in more traditional singer/songwriter mode.  Excellent

    "Living in a Moon so blue" - another great Jandek LP.

    "Ready for the House" - The first LP, the one that lets you into the rest.  A cracker

    "Six and Six" - A nice mellow reckid by Jank.  His second LP

    "Somebody in the Snow" - More straightforward goodness.

    "The Place" - a real dark dark jandek lp...  very very very good

    The forthcoming live CD/DVD

    "I woke up" - underrated to all cuntin buggery

    Hope this helps you enjoy Jandek more dude.  The first 5 LPs he released are unstoppable albums, but I personally think a good proportion of his back catalogue is fuckin awesome, split up with some crap stuff.  Same way I listen to Sonic Youth i guess.  The genius is well well well worth the less good bits.  Keep listening and keep trying. :)

    take care

    Yours in corwood

    roscoe

  "Seated by the ranch I'm owning, staring at the cellophane.  Somebody came in for a question, I poured a glass out in the rain.  The reason I have been accepted, is that I failed to come on strong;  found a chair beside a window, found a place where I belong.  Inside myself there is no question, just the jangle of our brain. Three times four is twenty-seven, only fragments still remain." - jandek, 'first you think your fortune's lovely' ("Ready for the House" LP 1978)

  the rocks crumble, unto dust they die.  once hard stuff of mountains, now soft powder amongst the sand.
  http://mail.yahoo.com