[Jandek] OT: Pitchfork

SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca
Mon Jun 20 13:14:14 PDT 2005

"sorry, but pitchfork deserves all the abuse and worse.

they open themselves to those kinds of comments by being whores to major
labels, reviewing,
publicizing and even recommending the trash put out by corporate labels,
who regularly fuck artists and
the public over with in-house publishing contracts, no benefits for
employees, funding the RIAA, etc."

Oh my God - a music review site that sees fit to review records without
evaluating the politics of the parent company - or without using Marxist
analytic tools!  How do they sleep, if indeed they do?

But really: chill out, eh?  Lots of great music gets released by major
labels, and not many of us intend to ignore it just so we can feel
ideologically pure (and practices vary between labels and sub-labels, too,
making it all the more complicated to make across the board statements).
If label practices bug you so much you feel a need to boycott 'em, you can
still read the reviews profitably and buy the discs used or just download
'em...