[Jandek] Pitchfork - what's the deal?

Ratan X ratanx at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 09:18:25 PDT 2005

On Jun 17, 2005, at 9:51 AM, SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca wrote:

> What's the big beef so many have with Pitchfork, anyway? I'm one of
> those
> nerds who checks PF every morning after going through the e-mail

Well, I too am one of those nerds, but, I understand why they annoy
people. The indie hipster thing is so thick it's sometimes
unbearable. I know, that's like complaining Hot Rod magazine talks
too much about cars. Still, you can cover the indie scene without
being a total arse.

That said, I've been reading them nearly daily for over eight years
now, and I'm not about to stop.

cheers,
Ratan