[Jandek] Swampful of Jandek

Matt Love matt.mattlove1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 10:18:39 PDT 2005

On 6/11/05, Ross Em <indiejanglefunkterrorist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> [Swampful of Jandek]...is crap.
> Don't consider it.  Check out Lavendar Hip Mob instead.  Thats the way
> Roscoe

I should have known better than to think I could come up with any
Jandek-related that you folks hadn't already explored.  I mentioned
this discussion to a friend who follows Aerick Duckhugger rather more
closely than I do. He wrote back:

"Considering all the different media he was using, I don't think radio
was a good way to present something like that. I could imagine a big
room full of relatively quiet sources of Jandek, so you could get a
shifting hear-point. Of course, going would have been out of the
question, because it would have been full of hipsters. Still, I kinda
like the idea. But maybe it would have been fun to watch from across the
street, as the Jandek purists mounted an angry protest in front of the
venue."

Please elaborate why Duckhugger's Jandek show was crap, and please
tell me more about the Lavender Hip Mob. I found some web presence for
them, but the Jandek connection eluded me.

Smith dies, I have started making preparations by attempting to create
a Cyberjandek.  The first output can be heard at
www.soundclick.com/Mrroboto.  It needs some work, but if I'm
successful there will be an endless supply of Jandek pastiche in the
future.