[Jandek] Re: jandek und skip james

Robertson Davis soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 12:43:36 PDT 2005

Can't we just discuss this stuff without taking everything personally? I know we're all proud of our opinions around here, but let's not forget that they're just opinions.

Ross Em <indiejanglefunkterrorist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> jandek's sound is similar to almost every old, badly recorded bluessinger from that period
> Charley Patton, Bukka White,Blind Lemon jefferson,  Son House and i could go on for ages.
> to ears that only sporadically and recently began to listen to old blues everything sounds the > alike.
> jandek has practically nothing to do with Skip James who has an exellent technique and is  >alternatively tuned but in tune, jandek is pure feeling and improvisation another world so to >speak
>so please don't compare apples to oranges. It is'nt any good, not for jandek, because he >really stands alone
>and not for the old bluesplayers because mainly they were technically good players
>
>kloot

Wow Kloot.
I'm really sorry for upsetting you.  My naive and sporadic ears have disgraced Jandek and everything about him.  I feel so stupid, so dressed down.  I'm going to go back to listening to Linkin Park, Papa Roach and Limp Bizkit now, I'm so sorry I ever spoke such stupid words.

Can the list ever forgive me?  Ha ha guitar technique.  I'll say what the fuck I want about who the fuck I want.  I think Garbage sound like Fleetwood Mac.  Does that mean that the guitar style has to be the same?

You sir are a chuffing fool.  Get out of my face.

Roscoe

SINGLE CELL PRESS
www.singlecellpress.co.uk

"This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright #154085, for a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it without our permission, will be mighty good friends of ourn, cause we don't give a dern. Publish it. Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote it, that's all we wanted to do." - Woody Guthrie.

http://mail.yahoo.com