[Jandek] Glasgow Sunday Review

Davidson Roberts soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 13:21:27 PDT 2005

I listened to Glasgow Sunday and I think it's the best Jandek album since New Town. The thing sounds a bit awkward though; I think Jandek was often being unfair to the musicians by not giving them more time to adjust to his changes. Still, they pulled it off way better than I'd have expected, so kudos to them. Also, it's worth mentioning that never in the history of multi-instrumental Jandek has the music been tight.

-Dave

Christopher tm <xopher.tm at gmail.com> wrote:
On 6/7/05, Jonathan 23 wrote:
> we also ran reviews of the summersteps jandek tribute, as well as
> 'when i took that train' and 'glasgow sunday'.

"Those that have accused Jandek over the years of being nothing more
than a painfully untalented loser (I'm looking directly at you, Irwin
Chusid) must stand back and reconsider their opinion in light of
Glasgow Sunday. There are many ways to describe music as emotionally
charged, chaotic and unstructured as the music here, but incompetent
and unlistenable are not among them."

*smack!* Thank you, Jonathan Dean. :D

--
Christopher™

Blend-in with the indigenous life, analyze their weaknesses, prepare
the planet for the coming madness. Yay.