[Jandek] Other musicians?

Davidson Roberts soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 00:58:44 PDT 2005

This has been discussed on the list before, and there's good arguments on both sides. I won't repeat what others have said, but there's a good deal of evidence that points to the presence of another guitarist on the albums in question.

As for the style question, it's just never made much sense that Jandek would make such a huge leap in style- going electric and playing jagged barre chords and drums was a logical companion to the acoustic experiments, but a sudden move into standard tuning and progressions from their total opposites is really unsettling and confusing to me as a listener, unless I entertain the idea that the entrance of someone else was the cause, and that their exit was the reason for the sudden return.

Thankfully, Corwood has refused to disclose any information about the nature of or partcipants in his recording sessions, allowing us to have a speculative field day with the subject.

-Dave

Jamie Morrison <jamski at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
Call this a stupid question, but... why do many people assume that it was a different guy who played 'normal guitar' on some of the 80s albums? Just because someone regularly plays in a certain style, like Jandek does, doesn't mean they can't play in any other...

Jamie
And now we have so many new questions: Will he play in his home country? If so will he have the same backup band? Will that guy who played "normal" guitar in the late 80's show up? Will John play drums?

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

http://mail.yahoo.com