[Jandek] when i took that train lp

Windless Air Music nevermor at francomm.com
Wed Jul 27 06:24:06 PDT 2005

Jamie Morrison wrote:

>derek:
>

>>ok well, hi my names derek deprator. from cleveland, ohio...i put out the
>>

>I KNOW WHO JANDEK IS EP that i guess a few people on this list commented on
>a few years ago....no, i don't...there's a song by a band called television
>personalities called i know where syd barrett lives...they didn't know
>either, i'm sure...that's where i got the title from. <
>
>Au contraire - not only did they know, but they once read out the address at
>the end of the song while in concert, to an audience of Pink Floyd fans and
>band members (who were understandably horrified at this turn of events...)

Yes, they were opening up for David Gilmour on his solo tour at the
time. Needless to say that was the first and last show they played with
him. They were immediately replaced by Billy Bragg. Dan still would give
out Syd's address at shows though. Sometimes changing the address to fit
the city or mood in which he was playing. They also apppeared on a Syd
Barrett tribute album doing "Apples and Oranges"
Speaking of the TVPs, they are back after a long hiatus (due to health
and mental problems) and the new material sounds great!
Darrell
http://www.windlessairmusic.com
http://windlessairmusic.tripod.com/televisionpersonalities/index.html