[Jandek] Hello Jandek Fans!

Troy Elyea troy_elyea at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 05:37:48 PST 2005

I am quite amused that someone would go to the trouble of joining a mailing
list with the intention of insulting the artist and the people on this list.
What does that say about this person's character?

It is one thing to have an intelligent discussion on the merits of an
artist. Moulty, you didn't even try. You simply took childish shots at
Jandek. Wow, you are probably anxiously sitting at your computer waiting to
see the rise you get out of people. How pathetic.

I barely have the motivation to address any of your points but I will pick a
few for my own amusement.

..Celine Deline is Mozart compared to Jandek. Wow, a Celine Dion
comparison..surely, you must be french canadian, which explains a lot (how's
that for a petty insult, ha). Secondly, last time I checked Celine Deline
doesn't compose her songs so how could she even possibly be compared to
Mozart? I wonder...

You don't like how Jandek is categorized as "blues"..how is "outre" blues
for you then. You are levelling your own ideals on what blues should be..and
frankly I am not even sure many people on the list would try to even
categorize Jandek into a specific genre..he is unclassifiable and his own
artist.

What is amusing to me is that you use the term rock to describe the Velvet
Underground (sorry "outre" rock). Would Chuck Berry or Little Richard think
VU are authentic rock n roll? Aren't you insulting these true rock 'n roll
artists since VU have deviated from the norms of rock and roll?

I'll stop here because I don't need to waste anymore time on this.