[Jandek] "blues" semantics and unrelated

stephe dk weaseldip at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 07:37:38 PST 2005

I guess I'm stupid, or shallow. Or white.
I always thought Jandek was blues.
Oh yeah, and 'art,' too.

Or is it conventional form that defines something, rather than spiritual
expression?
I consider most "blues," (in the generally accepted mainstream defintion)
recorded after oh say, 1965 (I'm being generous here) to be crap. Quite
frankly, BB King bores the hell out of me. JANDEK, however, is just as
interesting to me as John Lee or Willie MacTell.

I wonder why a hater would subscribe to the group?

So anyway, the reason I originally came to post to the group was this:
my local library has a lot of strange CDs in it (Throbbing Gristle and Amps
for Christ, for example) but I was genuinely shocked to find a copy of "Six
and Six," there yesterday.

The movie... The live show... The library... What's next, his own talk show?

don't take anything too seriously, chief.

-white blues musician

By the way, I also consider Jandek to be "punk."