Subject: Re: [Jandek] Jandek: Tom Petty fan

alec way errora at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 21 07:35:30 PST 2005

now that we're over halfway through the first decade of the 21st century, 1950s-style pop music is a senior citizen, so to speak.  at this point, we've had a few ironic eras and post ironic eras.  avant and pop have been feeding off of each other for a long time as has irony.

whether avant or pop, the criteria for music product should only be, "does this get me high or not?" because very little else matters.