[Jandek] Jandek Covers

Simon Greenwood simon.greenwood at mac.com
Mon Dec 5 10:25:42 PST 2005

That's what I was trying to point out yesterday: the pictures are all
a number of years older than the artist at the time when each record
was released (and not necessarily made, either), but the covers are
actually moving forward in time with the CDs with a time difference
of between 15 and 20 years. This probably even applies to the
pictures of inanimate objects. The simple answer to this is that
Jandek wants to project a younger image than his actual age, but of
course, the live shows have now given the lie to that, and the most
recent covers have still shown a younger man than the one we have
seen on stage.

Of course, the even simpler reason is that he has a box of old photos
that he dips into when he needs another cover...

Simon