[Jandek] Merzbow live

eric ericn613 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 10:48:29 PDT 2005

Zitat von SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca:

> Largely agreed - while the time I saw him a few years ago featured some
> stage dynamics owing to his abusing a device that looked like a foot
> measuring device festooned with contact mics and processors, he largely
> just sat there and futzed around on his Powerbook.  Yee-hah.  Unless the
> powerful need to see Masami in the flesh is just too overpowering, you'd be
> better advised to just blast his CDs at home while watching B&D porn.

It's really a strange thing that electronic musicians have to go through in
order to translate their material to a live performance.  While I dislike it
when a musician looks like a librarian sitting behind a computer, I also
dislike it when electronic musicians feign playing parts that are really being
played by a sequencer, or even worse, a backing tape/mp3.  I would have
expected Merzbow to find a unique and entertaining way of doing all of this and
I'm definitely disappointed to hear about these experiences.  Ah well.  Whaddya
do?

-e.