[Jandek] Blue Corpse edits

Ratan X ratanx at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 09:06:56 PDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005, at 1:32 AM, Steve Bouton wrote:

> I have
> a lot of trouble thinking of the new version of "Only Lover" as
> "authentic" in any way.  Jeez, it was almost 20 years ago.  Leave the
> damn song alone, man.  I know it's his trip and he can do what he
> wants, but again, I think this is a troubling development.

Was this a very recent thing he did? Or was this a change from the LP
to the CD? Only Lover is my favorite song on Blue Corpse, but I only
know the CD version. The version I have was ordered/received this past
December.

Speaking of, the four CDs I purchased (directly form the man) then, I
noticed Glad To Get Away was different than the other three. The
printing on the back for sure, but when I looked closely at the CD
itself last night, I noticed it had "Made In Canada" written on it. BC,
Chair Beside and Nine-Thirty didn't have this text.

I'll be anxious, when I get my box of 20, to see if any others differ
this way.

Ratan