[Jandek] Disappointment?

R. Lim rlim at inch.com
Wed Oct 20 18:23:19 PDT 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Jonathan Benney wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Todd Madson wrote:
>
> > RE: Jandek live with established figures:
> > I think the main reason he played with these two known players
> > was because the people on the recordings seem to me to be normal
> > civilian types who he may play with on and off on occasion
> > who may or may not be active players.
>
> Jandek's nothing if not a pragmatist, so why go to the effort of taking
> his church friends all the way to Glasgow?  I'm glad he's done this, even

I agree, it's no different than a pick-up band.

BTW, can anybody who was there report on Vajra or Urabe?  Well worth
checking out if you're into "outsider" music, them.  I don't mean to cast
aspersion on the Herald's integrity, but somehow I doubt that Vajra
sounded like warmed-over Sonic Youth...

 -rob

--
Janitor From Mars archives and more @ http://www.wfmu.org/~rlim