[Jandek] Just got a hold of the mp3s

Joe Henry farmofarmo at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 14:53:46 PDT 2004

Well I just finished downloading to the mp3s off
soulseek (thanks mflaum). Amazing. Jandek plays and
sings much in the style of "The End of It All" (big
surprise), while Youngs plays echoey hypnotic bass
that works impressively with Jandek's style. The
drummer is really good, seems to take a cue from the
albums in that he doesn't focus on keeping time but on
creating mood and underscoring what Jandek does with
his guitar.
I'm not even done with listening to track 3 yet, but
here's the lyrics to track 2:

I feel light as a feather
Since you're gone
I don't feel the floor I'm walking on
I don't think about anything
But [sounds like city/cities/Sydney?] doesn't matter
It's too far away
There's only this room
Where I stay
I stare at objects
But I don't see them
I feel light as a feather
Since you're gone
I don't feel the floor that I'm walking on
As a matter of fact
I don't walk much
As a matter of fact
I don't talk much