[Jandek] Disappointment?

Jonathan Benney j.benney at ugrad.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Oct 18 18:15:45 PDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Todd Madson wrote:

> RE: Jandek live with established figures:
> I think the main reason he played with these two known players
> was because the people on the recordings seem to me to be normal
> civilian types who he may play with on and off on occasion
> who may or may not be active players.

Jandek's nothing if not a pragmatist, so why go to the effort of taking
his church friends all the way to Glasgow?  I'm glad he's done this, even
if just to debunk the idea that he's just some kind of tortured artist.

Why now?  Perhaps he's finally quit his white-collar job and doesn't need
to hide his identity any more -- or perhaps some of the other accountants
saw the documentary -- or whatever.