[Jandek] READ THIS! Fwd: jandek at instal?

Guilherme Barrella postrock at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 22:20:23 PDT 2004

i got this from another list.

gui

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jupiter6_us <brad at foxydigitalis.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 03:37:46 -0000
Subject: [brokenfacerecordings] jandek at instal?
To: brokenfacerecordings at yahoogroups.com

anyone else get this email from the esteemed deserted village
kingpin?  anyone else there that can confirm?

This is not a hoax! FUCKIN' JANDEK.!

I turned up early to catch kan mikami when  Richard youngs came on
and played bass and the Drummer ffrom scatter played uh, drums. Then
this thin guy dressed in black with a hat ambles onstage. he played a
surprisingly expensive looking fender semi acoustic with no
soundhole.  once he started playing I thought "who is this prick
ripping off jandek" there was no mistaking the vocals and guitar
playing but i couldn't take it in that it was really him. I was
sitting beside some reviewer guy from the wire who confirmed it. he
also said that he only agreed to do it if it wasn't announced The
band really rocked they had a loose groove going most of the time.
Jandek sang "lets get wild" on one song and they crowd at the front
were digging it. I'm quite sure 90% of people hadn't a clue. The
Janster smiled after two songs so i cheered louder hoping he'd get a
taste of adulation. then i was afraid he'd freak out. i can honestly
say he was enjoying himself and was totally at home on stage. He
also sang about doing his washing in a deadpan way. and about a five
year old girl who broke his heart. There was no in between song
banter surprise, surprise.

It was simply a great gig even if it took a couple of songs to get
into it. I'm sorry i can't describe it more but i'm honestly still in
shock and my brain is addled by beer and all the other amazing music
i heard today

I know some of you won't beleive this until the wire or something
comes out but i just had to tell people.

Good night,

Gavin