[Jandek] Open Mic Jandek Cover Night in Pittsburgh, PA--this Friday!

Maurice Rickard maurice at mac.com
Mon Nov 1 10:54:00 PST 2004

Jandek Night at Kiva Han (Forbes & Craig), Friday, November 5 (this Friday!)

What a year it's been.  The documentary is making its way around (and
will be playing here next week), Jandek's played live in Scotland,
and at this rate he'll be doing Gap commercials in a year.   Once
again, we're having a tribute on Jandek Day--an Open Mic Jandek Cover
Night.  Anyone could show up and play, but you have to cover a Jandek
tune.  For this year, I've made arrangements for the bigger room
(Forbes & Craig Kiva Han).

What you need to know: There will be a PA, but no room for a full
band.  There probably won't be room for a drum kit. I'll have some
additional low-volume amplification, and the all-important reverb for
the vocals, as well as a mic. I'll have lyrics available on the
laptop if you need a refresher.

The first part of the evening will be at 8, with non-Jandek
performances from Kaba Kick and jair-Rohm (all the way from Sweden),
and we'll get rolling around 9:45. But do come out and support these
other folks. ($5 door.)  So make your plans now, study the Jandek
back catalog, and drop me a line.

Forbes Avenue and Craig Street, Pittsburgh (Oakland--right near the
Carnegie). After Kaba Kick and jair-Rohm, who start at 8, and will be
$5. All ages.

--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/