[Jandek] re:The Real Reason for the Catalog Number Choice

Egg1000 at aol.com Egg1000 at aol.com
Mon May 17 08:04:02 PDT 2004

I had posted this to the list years ago, and I remember it being met with a general laugh as response... nonetheless, I still think that the aforementioned "Real Reason for the Catalog Number Choice" has something to do with the following:

On "First You Think Your Fortune's Lovely" from the Ready For The House album, we get the following cryptic line:

"Three Times Four Is Twenty-Seven"

which we all know it is not, yes?

now follow my stoner logic a few steps down this path... 3x4 is not 27, it's 12... add the incorrect (27) and the correct (12) answers, and you get 39... now, instead of multiplying 3 and 4, add them... you get 7... cram the two results together and you get (roughly) 739, or 0739...

go ahead and laugh... makes sense to me (at least a tiny bit)...

have a good one...