[Jandek] The story of one string

Seth Tisue seth at tisue.net
Fri Jun 25 13:40:05 PDT 2004

A good Jandek track I'd never really noticed before: "Kick", off
Interstellar Discussion (1984).  It's about a junkie.  I made some
corrections to the lyrics on the web -- they make more sense now.  The
music is played all on one guitar string (well, maybe two a little
towards the end), and mostly just the same note on that string.  I
wonder if it's a tribute to the Velvet Underground's "Heroin".

==
Seth Tisue - seth at tisue.net - http://tisue.net
"It is better to stay indoors and not mess around
with useless experiences." - Rudolph Wurlitzer, _Nog_