[Jandek] Jandek in Glasgow!

Paul Condon paulgcondon at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 09:23:59 PST 2004

>In my search I found no less than THREE different Jandek albums in my local
>record store Monorail
>Records in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom. I understand this is quite a
>bit of a turn up for the
>books?

Yes - the recent relatively high profile reviews and articles in this corner
of the globe must be having an effect. I have in the past found myself
searching the racks for 2nd hand Jandek vinyl here in Dublin, then thinking:
what the hell am I doing? How much time should I dedicate to the
billion-to-one chance of finding that underpriced mint copy of Ready for the
House? Americans: thank the gods for your college radio stations and cheap
vinyl stores.

>They had Blue Corpse (which I bought) Worthless Recluse and The Place
>(which I am buying >tomorrow.)

A very nice selection! Prepare to feel spooked yet edified tomorrow!