[Jandek] I was a King Lyrics

Ross Em indiejanglefunkterrorist at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 01:14:05 PST 2004

Right, heres my interpretation of the Gone wait lyrics
to i was a king.
I havent heard the album, just got "The Place"...
Anyway;

"I was a king
When I was twelve
You couldn't touch me
No, no, no, no
I kept you away"

Couldnt this very easily be about his recording career
and how people are tracking him down?  And about
hiding his identity he says...

"I didn't think about it
It wasn't important
I was me"

He appreciates his fans...

"But I like (liked?) to be with you
Don't get me wrong"

The he goes on to say that
"It's just that a threat
was the furthest thing from my mind"
Refering to an actual threat, or the Corwood
documentary, or to the reporter speaking to him a few
years ago?

He is apart from the twenty-first century -

"I don't feel the air
I don't know what time it is
Except the sun tells me now and then"

Again to his fans?

"You can't but see me, I'm in front of you
I'm all around
I got inside of you
Well here I am"

Looking back over his career and the speculation that
he might be dead?
"But I was with you
I still am
Today my thoughts are wrapped up in all my days
I got my new doors"

I dont know what does everyone else think?

=====
Have you ever heard of Jandek?

http://tisue.net/jandek