[Jandek] new to the jandek, couple of questions

Bunk bunk at thefoolish.com
Mon Dec 13 17:50:35 PST 2004

---"Matthew Malone" <matthew.g.malone at gmail.com> wrote:
> i havent seen the documentry does reveal how he supports
> himself?

According to the 1985 interview John Trubee did with him, he was at one time
working as a machinist, but during the interview he mentions that it wasn't
working out, so I'm not sure how long that continued. I seem to recall
reading somewhere that he's now working behind a desk in an office
somewhere, but of course, that's just heresay/rumor. I'd imagine that with
the documentary, recent live show, and current renewed interest he's
receiving, he could almost make a living from his music... notice I said
"almost" though, but I'm sure it's enabled him to live a little more
comfortably.

-Bunk
http://www.thefoolish.com