[Jandek] Jandeks birthdate

SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca
Mon Dec 6 07:57:12 PST 2004

> I'm not sure if I believe this birth date.  That would mean that Jandek
was
> already 33 by the time he
> recorded "Ready For the House," which seems wrong.  Also, looking at the
live
> performance pictures,
> posted on Seth Tisue's site, Jandek just doesn't look anywhere close to
60
> years old.

It would also mean that the guy on the album covers might not actually be
him.  I think if he was indeed born in '45, he'd be a bit old to be
sporting some of the looks the cover model is during the appropriate eras,
unless he was something of a counterculture guy who looked a good five-ten
years younger than he was, even when he was 20 or so.  Like, the kid on the
cover of "Follow Your Footsteps" looks high school age to me, but his
overall look dosen't seem very early-60s to me, esp for Texas...