[Jandek] jandeks new voice

Gogs C gogs_cun at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 01:27:39 PDT 2004

I dunno, its always sounded like 2 singers to me. Another thing is the
guitar; on the tracks with the deeper voice the guitar is strummed open or
just one chord, much like the usual acoustic stuff, except in tune. On the
other tracks with the usual Jandek voice the guitar is more bluesy, like on
Your Other Man, Down at the Ball Park etc. It sounds to me like for the
first 3 tracks Jandek plays guitar while the other guy sings and for the
rest they swap, but hey, lots of people think otherwise.
As for the last few albums, i dunno, its a whole different style and
everything, i dont think a change like that couldve happened in the 3 years
between The Beginning and I Threw You Away. Sounds to me like either a big
gap between or a different singer.
Just trying to.... collect my thoughts...
... AND ORGANIZE MY MIND-AH!

Cheerio for now