[Jandek] jandeks new voice

Gregory Stanton gregory.stanton at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 11 18:27:16 PDT 2004

Also, he could have recorded "The Beginning" years
earlier.

I disagree that the there are two different singers on
"Blue Corpse" -- though at first appearances this
appears to be the case because the voices have
different timbres, one lower and richer, and the other
wispy. The inflections of the words is identical, and
changing your voice from a chest register to a lighter
throat register produces exactly the type of
"illusion" that occurs on "Blue Corpse".