[Jandek] One word: YAY.

Joe Henry farmofarmo at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 19:00:33 PST 2003

Thanks a lot to Seth for finding a good server.
I haven't heard the new album yet, but am intrigued by Forced Exposure's review:

35th Jandek album. "The Gone Wait" was a track on 1993's The Twelvth Apostle album, now it's an album title. This has happened before, and will happen again. Five tracks, good titles: "I Went To Hell", "I See The Open Door", "I Was A King", "I Just Might Go Now", "I Found The Right Change". Cover photos features a continuation of the Cork window shopping theme that has developed through the 770 series of Corwood releases. This time: sale pricing. Musically, a new style: acoustic guitar and electric bass duoes, with Jandek's vocals teetering into almost-Steve Martin territory.

As for the cover, it's got the same big germanic house reflection as the last, but is the first Jandek cover with writing on it.
Jandek's been going for 25 years now. How long is he going to keep this up?