[Jandek] the new Jandek

Amy Kelly akelly1971 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 19:02:00 PST 2003

>This is great news.  I'm glad the list is back.
>
>Has anyone else heard the new one?  Bass?  I like the
>cover quite
>a bit.  It's really beautiful, obviously from the same
>roll of film as the previous cover.  I don't think
>I've ever seen an actual readable word on a Jandek
>cover before...'SALE'

I got The Gone Wait in the mail yesterday.  Great stuff, terrifically
evocative.  I especially liked "I Was a King."

The cover is nicely composed, beatiful color, and an intriguing irony in the
bridal gowns on the mannequins and the big "SALE" signs everywhere.  All in
all, I found this a very satisfactory recording.

- Amy