on NetLogo, an
open-source DIY programming language for kids, teachers, and
scientists. [since 2001]
I like Scala [since 2008].
NetLogo is made with Scala.
I co-organize the Boston Scala Meetup [since 2011]
and the Northeast Scala Symposium [since 2012].
My Twitter feed is mainly about programming.
All my code is on GitHub. See also my LinkedIn
I’m active on Flickr [since 2005]
and Instagram [since 2011].
I keep a comprehensive Jandek site [since 1994]. Some of my photos are of
Here’s a log of recent listening
(& reading, viewing); see also last.fm.
- Grew up near Chicago, left for Boston in 2006, now live in Cambridge.
- 1994–2006: Discographer of
Jim O’Rourke and
- 1995–2002: Maintainer of Chicago Now, a
concert calendar for experimental and improvised music in Chicago.
- 1995–2001: Graduate student and visiting lecturer
at Northwestern’s computer science dept.
- 1992–1999: College radio DJ (WNUR, WHPK, WKDI). Here are
some old playlists.
- 1989–1993: Math & computer science student at University
- 1988–1992: Zine publisher, including Plaster Cramp Press, a xerox press that published
experimental art and writing.
- 1986–1988: Sysop of Electric Cafe BBS.
- 1971: born